So where did all the .308 go?

cancer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
211   0   0
Ok, for those who are in the know, what happened to all the decent .308 surplus out there? Portugese, Austrian, Israeli, even Norinco..

And nobody say "Iraq or Afghanistan", cause there's no way it ALL went there.
 
308 ammo

it seems to have all but dried up . I remember when you used to get it for $300 a thousand now everyone wants $800 plus a case for berdan crap . hopefully someone will import some at a reasonable price in the future form the former Iron curtin . :(
 
Major militaries have been moving away from 7.62NATO for about 20 years now. Not as much ball ammo being made. What is still in the assorted supply systems isn't being sold as surplus. It's being destroyed. Our idiot government put severe restrictions on importing surplus ammo too. Canada Customs seems to think that trace and AP are prohibited here as well.
 
this question has come up before i believe,would it be possible for someone to start up a private company and produce bulk ammo in Canada for private sales?
 
For surplus, it is simple, it was consumed by the US marketplace. Since most countries no longer stockpile the way they did and most now destroy the stockpiles they do have, we ran out.
 
I thought Can Am said at one point recently that he was bringing in a huge quantity, and was putting dealers in place for it, which I couldn't imaging being a problem.
 
So will the Type-97.

Inappropriate comment, pointed at the wrong guy!!!! They ARE here, but our retarded officials who are liars and thieves (not all them, don't ding me, not painting them with the same brush, Jeez, but the ones who did lie are like thieves) changed their minds about the status once here. Even sfter they had a chance to inspect etc., and canam laid out the coin to get them.

Because of this BS with them, I ORDERED one, not canceled, or ran away. I will be the first in line to get the 308 ammo when it gets here, and I will be happy to get my 97 or 2 (since people have caved and waked away) when the issue is cleared up.
 
Inappropriate comment, pointed at the wrong guy!!!! They ARE here, but our retarded officials who are liars and thieves (not all them, don't ding me, not painting them with the same brush, Jeez, but the ones who did lie are like thieves) changed their minds about the status once here. Even sfter they had a chance to inspect etc., and canam laid out the coin to get them.

Because of this BS with them, I ORDERED one, not canceled, or ran away. I will be the first in line to get the 308 ammo when it gets here, and I will be happy to get my 97 or 2 (since people have caved and waked away) when the issue is cleared up.

Hehe, maybe they should genetically hybrdize all the firearms and ammo importers in Canada in some top secret government laboratory. Just think, a super human completely imprevious to being stabbed in the back countless times...
 
i'm sorry CanAm. That was uncalled for.

Still you have to remain footloose about the situation.
The T97 will probably get here, albeit at a glacial pace.

Good luck.

(Please don't blacklist me from the 308 shipment).
 
Back
Top Bottom