social distancing projects?

rwnblack

Regular
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
Saskatoon
Hi,

It appears I was prophetic when I stock piled years of projects in my shop. I am working from home and we are directed to stay home as much as possible so I am self isolating in my shop in the evenings and weekends, my commute to work (my basement is pretty quick now). I finished up an oak shooting box and restored a Stevens 044 1/2 in 22. It now has a relined barrel, rust blued barrel, nitre blued little parts, original lyman tang sight, new wood and buttplate and I case hardened the action, the funnest part. What are you guys doing to stay entertained? TV isn't my thing but I have watched a couple of movies with my family. Next up is relining a Highwall barrel in 32-40 and then I will finish up a Bullard single shot in 45-90 with a very fancy english walnut blank. No shortage of things to do in my spare time now.

IMG_1554.JPGIMG_1558.JPGIMG_1559.JPGfullsizeoutput_1373.jpgIMG_1540.JPGIMG_1541.JPGIMG_1537.JPG
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 627
  • fullsizeoutput_1373.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1373.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 630
Nice job on the shooting box, I've been tinkering with the idea of making one myself.

I've been messing around in my garage re-finishing a couple of old Spanish shotguns. I actually made it out to my relatives ranch to sight in a couple of scopes the other day, it's a solitary thing, no risk of contaminating or getting contaminated.
 
Great looking shooting box and rifle. I've slow rust blued a couple sets of double barrels. Have another to do. Also gave some TLC to a WW Greener I bought. Now I have to get back to carving as I have a couple of waterfowl decoys I need to carve.
 
Bunch of stuff, browned a couple of 92 carbines, and putting the finishing touches on an Ohio half stock ... inlay should be done this weekend then I can dye and oil it ! :)

projects-02.jpg


projects-01.jpg


projects-04.jpg


projects-05.jpg


projects-03.jpg
 
That looks amazing, love the silver inlay


Thanks! :)

I just finished the right side tonight, one more on the fore end and I should (*should*) be shooting it next weekend :)

I like your shooting box - sold a long rifle to a guy here in Ontario who is building one, got me thinking, if I had some time (i.e. less projects) I want to try to find an old explosives/dynamite box and build one out of that :)
 
Great time to finish projects that never came up to the front of the line. Older damascus english single 12 guage now has a new Davis lock and ready to shoot!! Older J.Henry swamped barrel percussion 36 cal squirrel gun now has it's new Small Siler lock installed and ready to try and finally a badly broken -in period -.38 cal by Buford Reeves needing only the hammer fitted to be complete as well. Current count 5 squirrel guns of which 4 are originals- my cup runneth over.
 
The photos in this post are truly inspiring. The colour case hardening looks as good as Turnbull's. And I always wanted to build a Vincent Rifle kit.

Going to spend some time looking at both of your previous posts.
 
i added 4 inches to a highwall barrel and lined it in 32-40 and blued it. I also blued a 22 Geen Mountain barrel I put on a Remington #2 rolling block. It is a sweet little rifle, it is taking all my will power not to recaseharden it.

012F7FF9-B7D4-4855-ACEF-22F94CE726E2.jpg50C8D26D-408D-422B-A6AA-B69AED498526.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 012F7FF9-B7D4-4855-ACEF-22F94CE726E2.jpg
    012F7FF9-B7D4-4855-ACEF-22F94CE726E2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 50C8D26D-408D-422B-A6AA-B69AED498526.jpg
    50C8D26D-408D-422B-A6AA-B69AED498526.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 353
My social distancing project has been to write about and illustrate antique pinfire guns in the Hunting and Sporting Shotguns forum's Let's see some pic's of your SxS's & O/U's thread, lately on a daily basis.
 
I'm not much of an eastern style of shooter, plains rifles are more my style, but I have always loved the Ohio style and Pennsylvania rifles , especially when they are all fancied up!
That Sir, is a gorgeous rifle!
Cat
 
Back
Top Bottom