Went out to the club today to do some shooting. I froze my but off. some how I managed to walk out the door with the wrong coat on. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
I did tough it out for some shooting though.
Today's Guest of Honour
Lyman Great Plains Hunter caplock in .50 cal.
Being fed a steady diet Of some Precision Rifle Bullets.
First up was the 2F GOEX
Then I was going to try some BH209 but got a hang fire with it. I was using # 11 caps so they may not be hot enough to light this powder reliably. So in any case after the one hang fire I didn't want to press my luck so I put the BH209 away for the day.
Now enter some 2F T7.
That 2 inch circle sure looks real tiny at 100 yds. lol The circle sat right in the middle of my front sight blade. Looked like a little sliver so I'm not sure it was the target being so small that I drifted high.
Any who it was a good day shooting except for wearing the wrong coat. lol
HA
I did tough it out for some shooting though.
Today's Guest of Honour
Lyman Great Plains Hunter caplock in .50 cal.
Being fed a steady diet Of some Precision Rifle Bullets.
First up was the 2F GOEX
Then I was going to try some BH209 but got a hang fire with it. I was using # 11 caps so they may not be hot enough to light this powder reliably. So in any case after the one hang fire I didn't want to press my luck so I put the BH209 away for the day.
Now enter some 2F T7.
That 2 inch circle sure looks real tiny at 100 yds. lol The circle sat right in the middle of my front sight blade. Looked like a little sliver so I'm not sure it was the target being so small that I drifted high.
Any who it was a good day shooting except for wearing the wrong coat. lol
HA


















































