Something Diffrent (Palm pistol)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
I just Bought a Rare Minneapolis Palm pistol. :)

There were only 3000 of the CF ones made there abit smaller than the Chicago Palm pistols which were all RF
Mines a CF so i can reload the Custom CF cases im gona make.
Its a 7 shot as fast as you can squeez the grip trigger thing at the back.
The below picture is not of mine its one listed on GB for $4500 BIN
Most people would think it was a fancy lighter or Black powder dispencer.




pix1136970250.jpg
 
Nice piece, Dingus! These things have caught my attention too, but they're a lot of $ usually, so I'd be kind of torn - get this, or get something else that can actually hit a target more than 10 meters away, lol...

Still, I find these to be great conversation pieces and they were actually featured in several movies as well (including one with Steven Segal, but I forget the title... it is an oldie). Should I find one of these fairly priced one day, I don't know if I'll be able to resist... even though my wallet is already screaming bloody murder, haha!

:D

P.S. Also, congrats on finding a centrefire example. Must've been one of the very rare ones indeed, as most manufacturers made them in RF only (a lot of french units out there and not many made in the US).
 
Yes and its a Legal 32 CF the 32 Protector its called.
All the American made Minneapolis palm pistols were US made but all 3000 were 32 CF the guns there coppied from came from France to start then some USA gun maker started makeing mine and the Company got shafted on some shipment or something like what happened to Merwin and hulbert and went broke. so theres only 3000 ever made like mine.

The Chicago palm pistols which are compleatly a diffrent gun are 32 RF
But chambered in a supper short 32 RF hard to make or imposible to find.

I like theses minneapolis ones being a Short CF its easy to shorten say a 32 long colt case and load a 32 caliber bullet.
I got my gun for less than a good set of tires at Can Tire :p so i couldnt refuse the deal :pirate:.
Orignal load with BP was a 55 gr lead bullet that shot 600 FPS.
but looking at that heavy made turret id say the loads can be uped some ;)
Hey this is a great close range weapon better than a 2 shot derringer.
I doubt i will be doing any long range shooting but who knows might be fun seeing who can hit the wine bottles at 20 ft :D
 
I had a chance to buy a Chicago one that had been sleeved to .22 but didn't have $400 to spare 20 years ago (damn) What I have never been able to understand is how the hammer works; it is never clear in any photo I have ever seen of the guns

cheers mooncoon
 
Its a DA trigger and in this picture the hammer is just about to fall. Its in its Cocked position.
The trigger rotates the Turret as it fires the gun. :)
I think the part that pushes the Turret arond hits a part that releases the hammer so to speak.


Pretty cool really. I will of course know more when i get mine.

In the Below picture the Turret is removed to show how it all works..



pix1136970546.jpg
 
Definitely a neat gun been looking at a center fire one myself for a little while will look forward to seeing how and what you use to load for it
 
Definitely a neat gun been looking at a center fire one myself for a little while will look forward to seeing how and what you use to load for it

Well the problem is the orignal Chamber is only .365 long or so.
BUT that can be changed even if there was no Chamber throats at all it would still be a perscribed antique as the Dia of the 32 Protector is less than any 32 on the No list and even if it was enlarged to 32 S&W case Dia the entire length of the chamer is still to short to chamber a factory 32 CF Anything on that Stupid list.
The entire throat and chamber is about .678 long
 
Dingus, you seem to always get the best toys. Not that firearms are toys. :D

What do you think the velocity will be?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom