Sometimes I wonder.....

BadLieutenant

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Location
Montreal, Quebec
This afternoon I saw an antique revolver for sale in the EE.....ok, no pictures...

Sent a private message to the seller..... he tells me that if it's not sold, he will post some pictures tonight....

I message him again, telling him that I'm very interested in the revolver....

Get back home tonight......revolver is SPF......no sweat, I can live with this since someone is more brave than I am to buy something with a "VG condition" description without seeing the revolver.....

A bit more than 30 minutes later, one picture has been added to the ad...... but the revolver is still SPF......WTF! :mad:

Sometime I wonder........I guess I like things that makes sense a little too much......this doesn't make any sense to me..... Oh well!

Life goes on........ :D
 
You were one of many who showed interest, but the first fellow who said I am buying it got the Revolver. Never even got a chance to finish processing or loading the photos, much less sending them out to anyone.
 
I have noticed that sometimes there is a block in the linkage so that an image may be posted but since it is at a different location that the text of a thread, you are able to read the text but see no image. I have gone back to the same message a bit later and lo and behold there is the photo for all to see

cheers mooncoon
 
This just goes to show that the complaints about EE prices being exorbitant are based on a self-selected sample (i.e., those ads that remain unsold for periods of time). The EE has great deals, but you have to be willing to jump on them. Not always having time to see pictures or get detailed answers to questions is part of the "risk" that you take when you're trying to find a bargain --- you lose some and you win some depending on your risk tolerance. If the seller has a good trader rating, I'm not adverse to making an offer sight unseen, but I'm aware that I'm taking a risk. Usually the "bargain" is good enough to offset that risk.

What I have noticed, recently, is that I've lost out on deals where I know I've been the first to see the ad, and have committed with an "I'll take it", but the seller has accepted a later offer, usually because another buyer offered more than the asking price... so be it. I've been asked to beat a subsequent offesr, but always decline. As others said, if you miss out that just means you have money for the next sweet deal that comes around.
 
I had one and sold it about 6 months ago got it from The shooters edge in Calgary they had quite a few listed in the acces to firearms sold it and two boxes of Fiocci ammo for around $1380.00.
 
Let me be clear.....I am NOT upset of not getting the revolver.....just didn't understood why the picture was posted at 5:42.....when the SPF was posted at 5:09 if I remember correctly....

Forget about it......just needed to vent...... I wish I would have saw the picture earlier and may have got myself a Nagant! ;)
 
Bah... no sweat... I've seen 2 of them for sale more or less at the same time a few months back in the EE section... one was $800 (in good condition) and the other something like $1000 or maybe a tiny bit more, but was in excellent shape inside and out. At first I was p*ssed when they sold super-fast before I decided to act, but then I actually felt relieved when I did a bit of research about reloading for that caliber. To me, a gun I can't shoot is paperweight... so buying something automatically means I have to be able to reload for it, preferably for as cheap as possible! :D

Indeed, the real b*tch about these is getting the reloading components. Dies are special order and so would be a bullet mold. Last time I tried that exercise (for the 8mm Lebel revolver), it cost me close to $300 (and a few months of wait) for both all in. Something like $160 USD for the custom-made mold (by NEI) and approx $120 USD for the dies (shipping is always an arm and a leg when ordering from most places in the States). 32-20 brass from Wolverine was pretty cheap, but on backorder for months... I received mine after 6 months of waiting! (which is why I believe Tallman Industries in Ontario eventually went out of business during the same period - no possibility to restock as brass is getting scarce!)

P.S. There's a one or two american sites (that ship to Canada) I've seen and they had those available for not a whole lot of $ a couple of months ago. I forget the website addresses, but the sellers in question also sell on gunbroker and advertise their websites in the listings. Might be something to check out if you really want one of them Swedes.
 
Well sometimes you snooze you loose happens to all but the other side is OH Crap what did I just buy have done impulse buys at a gun show and on line better to take some time and checks thing out.
 
Let me be clear.....I am NOT upset of not getting the revolver.....just didn't understood why the picture was posted at 5:42.....when the SPF was posted at 5:09 if I remember correctly....

Forget about it......just needed to vent...... I wish I would have saw the picture earlier and may have got myself a Nagant! ;)

i know exactly how you feel.
 
Just as an aside, If JP rates something as 'very good' then it means more then pics will tell. Trick to getting fair deals is knowing the sellers and knowing the guns.
Pictures for gun sales is pretty much a new phenomenon. Anyone remember the 'send self addressed envelope for pictures' days LOL.
 
Just as an aside, If JP rates something as 'very good' then it means more then pics will tell. Trick to getting fair deals is knowing the sellers and knowing the guns.
Pictures for gun sales is pretty much a new phenomenon. Anyone remember the 'send self addressed envelope for pictures' days LOL.

Like I mentioned....... I have no problem with the whole thing besides the fact of getting a picture posted AFTER the gun is SPF.......it's like "here you go.....that's what you COULD have got.....sucker!" :D

Knowing the sellers is another thing.......I'm new here, and do not know much people........ ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom