Thanks cigar_man for your help.
Today I took more photos of this P53 Enfield #1121 and sent them to Bill Adams.
He is doing an exibition at a show and will get back to me when he returns home.
Some of these markings on the rear sight and front barrel band I had not noticed before.
In 1994 when I got this gun I guess that I was in a hurry with my photos.









The sling is not a correct CW sling for this P53 but I found some markings on it today.
I got the sling back in 1994 from the (dealer) seller of this P53.
Little did he know back then that this P53 Enfield rifle musket 'may have had' a CS history????

Comments from Bill;
The sling on this P53 is a later pattern sling. The correct sling would have an adjusting buckle and would not be fastened with a thong. Correct P53 slings are quite rare.
Very few correct slings for the P53 turn up. I have seen several on DC diamond Canadian Snider conversions. Apparently the original slings were kept with them. Collectors in the US have been duped into believing that the Martini & Lee-Enfield & SMLE slings were P53 slings.
Just for reference, P53 slings had buckles and did not tie on with a thong - those sliding loop slings came in after 1865 and were used up through WWII. You can probably find a real P53 sling in Canada - they are super rare.
David
Today I took more photos of this P53 Enfield #1121 and sent them to Bill Adams.
He is doing an exibition at a show and will get back to me when he returns home.
Some of these markings on the rear sight and front barrel band I had not noticed before.
In 1994 when I got this gun I guess that I was in a hurry with my photos.









The sling is not a correct CW sling for this P53 but I found some markings on it today.
I got the sling back in 1994 from the (dealer) seller of this P53.
Little did he know back then that this P53 Enfield rifle musket 'may have had' a CS history????

Comments from Bill;
The sling on this P53 is a later pattern sling. The correct sling would have an adjusting buckle and would not be fastened with a thong. Correct P53 slings are quite rare.
Very few correct slings for the P53 turn up. I have seen several on DC diamond Canadian Snider conversions. Apparently the original slings were kept with them. Collectors in the US have been duped into believing that the Martini & Lee-Enfield & SMLE slings were P53 slings.
Just for reference, P53 slings had buckles and did not tie on with a thong - those sliding loop slings came in after 1865 and were used up through WWII. You can probably find a real P53 sling in Canada - they are super rare.
David
Last edited:

























































