Source for flintlock barrels in Canada?

Intrepid

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hi all,

I recently bought a stock & lock from a friend, and need a flintlock barrel to go with it. It is one of those Italian made guns (Safari Arms is one "brand" name that I recall), and identical to my very first muzzle-loader (long since sold). The barrel will be a .50 cal, 1 in 48, 28" long octagonal, with hooked breech, preferably not adjustable rear sight... The barrel channel in the stock & nose cap measures approx. 15/16" wide, with a roughly 3/8" wide wedge slot, centered about 8 1/8" forward of the breech & tang face.
I've just fired off an e-mail to Cabelas, since they carry just such a rifle (Traditions Hawken), but won't hear from them until probably Monday at the earliest.
I figured with all the knowledgeable people here, someone might know of a good source :) If there is a .54 cal barrel known to fit this stock, that would also be ok!

Thanks,

Jim


Edit: For that matter, if anyone here has said barrel and wants to sell, you'll have a buyer :)

Edit again: Just talked to the guy I got it from again; he said the original barrel was a .54 cal, not a .50...
 
Last edited:
If it a Safari Arms stock, or Investarms, or lyman they are interchangable. You may need to trim the under rib for it to drop in, but a barrel from any will fit as long as the width is corect.
Pete
 
If it a Safari Arms stock, or Investarms, or lyman they are interchangable. You may need to trim the under rib for it to drop in, but a barrel from any will fit as long as the width is corect.
Pete

Thanks Pete. May I safely presume that a .50 & a .54 barrel from the same outfit will likely be the same outside dimension? The seller just told me that the original barrel was indeed a .54, not a .50
 
Thanks Pete. May I safely presume that a .50 & a .54 barrel from the same outfit will likely be the same outside dimension? The seller just told me that the original barrel was indeed a .54, not a .50

Measure accross the flats. You can get 15/16 barrels as well as 1" barrels.
Track of the Wolf sells barrels and they can be shipped accross the border without the need for export permits (or, at least they could be the last time I got one)
 
As long as they are the same outside it doesn't matter the cal be it 45 , 50 or 54. I am pretty sure the Traditions guns are diferent,and may not fit.
 
Back
Top Bottom