Source for soft cast bullets?

QueensHorseman

CGN Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Location
Far East
Not sure whether to post this here or in the cast section, reloading supplies, etc. My apologies if it should be elsewhere.

I don't currently cast my own bullets, just haven't made time for that. So I'm looking for a Canadian source of softer cast bullets for rounds such as the .44 WCF, .45-60, etc. Mostly to shoot with black powder. I believe that MT Chambers used to offer these bullets but no longer does. I'm not looking for huge quantities but good quality for shooting, hunting, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.
 
+1 jethunter
Great quality products.
I may be corrected but I believe he will cast any bullet that you supply the mold for.
 
Yup, hard cast only seems the rule for commercial sources. Probably because of shipping and deformation in transit.

You should ask around gun shops locally to see if there are any bullet casting small operators in your area. They do soft bullets, or can do them for a quantity order.

Really though, in today's world, you would probably need to gear up with molds and casting equipment, and find a source of soft lead to get what you want.

It's really not that hard or expensive, and there are still custom mold makers that are pretty reasonable in cost out there. So you can get exactly what you need with a little work. It's very satisfying as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom