Source of projectiles for Snider-Enfield and Martini-Henry

RangeRover

Regular
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Location
Alberta
I'm slowly building up the supplies and equipment to manufacture my own ammunition for my Snider-Enfield 3-band and Martini-Henry Mk III, but acquisition of all of the bits is a ways off yet...and I want to get these rifles out to the range soon.

To that end, I'm looking for a source of ready-made projectiles for both rifles. Any dealers stock these somewhat reliably? I'm looking for some 480gn projectiles for the Martini, and a few of both .590 and .600 round ball for the Snider.

Thanks in advance.
 
thee I no dealer that I know of selling martini style projectiles you would have to cast your own .468" is what you are looking for. round balls can be found you will want pure lead
 
Try R & R Bullets. They list a whole bunch of different projectiles and should be able to help (if they are still in business that is). Drop them a line at this email address randrbullets at gmail.com
 
For the Martini-Henry, I use the Lee 476-400-RF sized down to 0.470" with a custom sizer. You lose more lube capacity than I like when sizing it down that much, but it worked well:

p-44.jpg


and for the Snider, it was simply the Lee 0.600" Round Ball:

p-102.jpg
 
I've been looking at buying a mold to make and sell martini henry bullets. Any suggestions on a mold? What diameter?

it would need to be the right shape length and weight for the martini normal diameter is .468"-.470 if selling id get a .470" mold because the mk4's like a bit of a bigger bullet cast bullet engineering in Australia makes a very nice mold and I kick my self in the butt for selling it with my last two martinis as this new lee mold has more bugs then I've ever seen. 20/1 lead tin is also the norm for martinis
 
For the Martini-Henry, I use the Lee 476-400-RF sized down to 0.470" with a custom sizer. You lose more lube capacity than I like when sizing it down that much, but it worked well:

p-44.jpg


and for the Snider, it was simply the Lee 0.600" Round Ball:

p-102.jpg

I have use the top mold it works well if you have a scope mounted to your martini
 
Thanks for the offer, CMichaud. We're just too big a country to make that work. ;-)

Appreciate all the other offers too. This is a great community for support.
 
Back
Top Bottom