My southern Mountain rifle is just about complete. All that left to do now is replace some temp screws with permanent ones and toutch up a couple scratches from setting the stock pins.
She is a grade 4 curly maple stock, in southern Mountain style, browned steel trim, Flintlock. Barrel is 45cal , 1/66 twist from Green Mountain, 42" long 13/16 across the flats .
I did all the browning using laurel Mountain browning solution, and the stock is finished with Aqua Fortis and Tru Oil . The long barrel let me mount the rear iron sight far enough ahead that I can see it.
The lock needs to be browned , but that will come later when I have time to strip it and brown it.
She is a grade 4 curly maple stock, in southern Mountain style, browned steel trim, Flintlock. Barrel is 45cal , 1/66 twist from Green Mountain, 42" long 13/16 across the flats .
I did all the browning using laurel Mountain browning solution, and the stock is finished with Aqua Fortis and Tru Oil . The long barrel let me mount the rear iron sight far enough ahead that I can see it.
The lock needs to be browned , but that will come later when I have time to strip it and brown it.


















































