Spanish/Mexican Copy SAA - value

DMS1

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Location
Southern Ontario
I have the opportunity to pick up a what is described as a 44-40 Spanish copy SAA 1870s manufacture serial #~70. Barrel length 4 1/4"

The gun is whole and functions, but the timing is off and it is not in firing condition.

What is the value?

I do not think it has a letter, and I'm not sure if I could get one, is it a legal antique?

Can it be repaired to shooting condition?

Thanks in advance, pic coming shortly
 
Can you prove it was made pre 1898? Could be just about impossible. What is the caliber?
Value? Getting it in firing condition? Maybe existing repro parts could be adapted or new parts made. Who knows?
 
If it's a copy of some kind, you'd be very hard-pressed to get a letter of authenticity out of Colt, if I'm understanding you aright. AFAIK that alone would cost you USD$120 or so.....

Personally, I'd already have started running away, but that's just me. You must be VERY keen on this item.
 
If it's a copy of some kind, you'd be very hard-pressed to get a letter of authenticity out of Colt, if I'm understanding you aright. AFAIK that alone would cost you USD$120 or so.....

Personally, I'd already have started running away, but that's just me. You must be VERY keen on this item.

Nope, just curious. Was thinking about more of a display or dewatt for around $300 not sure If it’s worth it
 
isn't 44-40 on the no go list?

It would fall under a restricted if not dewatted at best. As for value, that's very subjective to the buyer & seller. If that thing is already in the country & not registered, you can't run away fast enough...
 
Generally speaking, it is possible to register a previously unregistered handgun.
If you want to take this step, call 800 731 4000 and start the process.
 
Back
Top Bottom