Spencer Carbine Restoration/Repair Shop

airgunfun

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
Location
Moncton, NB
Can anyone recommend a reputable shop that can repair a Spencer Carbine? As far as I know, it needs a saddle ring and bar plus a tang repair/replacement. I don't want to refinish it, just want to make sure it's operating as it should and be complete...maybe refresh the mashed up screw heads.

762256245a228c8101c39b350e597bab_zpsbb26154b.jpg


ee36e189744b794e5f21f189b1af9ed0_zps6af2eef9.jpg


e4b9a28e11ea98e0a9bc178da357d586_zps5e2d113f.jpg


7b677973d1c8bd96f5470f64ba101bc9_zpsd6de75dc.jpg
 
Nice looking rifle!! Its very desirable.

There are some fellows here that have old 6 guns completely redone, I imagine that service could be applied to this wonderful beauty!
 
Original parts can be found at lodgewood.com, if they have them.

I see them every year at the North South Skirmish Association Spring Nationals in Winchester, Virginia.
(3 weeks from now)

They are good to deal with, but they are not cheap.

If the part is not listed, give them a call.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice!!! I'm surprised though that no one can recommend a reputable repair shop?? I don't believe the gun needs much but I don't want someone to monkey with it. Maybe I'm just too skeptical in my advanced age!!! ;-)
 
the tang just needs a little beveling on all 4 sides and maybe bolted to a copper or brass block for both alignment and to act as a heat sink a tig welder would be the best process as it dose not spread a lot of heat and of all the arc methods it is the most ductile
 
Back
Top Bottom