Spg bullet lube

Kevan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Perhaps this question belongs in the reloading section, but I thought it might catch the attention of BP cartridge shooters here.
Does anyone know of a source for SPG bullet lube on our side of the fence ?
Any help will be most appreciated.. :)
 
you can also make an equivalent lube with 50% bees wax and 50% lard. Any animal grease can be used in place of lard but don't use grease collected after cooking a roast because it will probably contain salt. You can also add a small amount of oil of wintergreen or similar to make the lube smell better

cheers mooncoon
 
I got mine from Larry (?) in Revelstoke, BC. You might locate him through the BCBPA.

In the meantime, try a 50-50 mix of beeswax and olive oil. I make a stiff mix for my cap guns that doesn't melt away even on a hot day. There are some natural product boot greasers out there as well that you can throw in. Most have a high lanolin content, which is good.

I was told that some feed stores carry 'starter' bees wax combs for bee keepers. Cheaper than buying it otherwise.
 
I got mine from Larry (?) in Revelstoke, BC. You might locate him through the BCBPA.

In the meantime, try a 50-50 mix of beeswax and olive oil. I make a stiff mix for my cap guns that doesn't melt away even on a hot day. There are some natural product boot greasers out there as well that you can throw in. Most have a high lanolin content, which is good.

I was told that some feed stores carry 'starter' bees wax combs for bee keepers. Cheaper than buying it otherwise.

That is Larry Caponero, Leprechaun Shooting Supplies in Revelstoke (250) 837 - 3773. He has SPG for sure. I use it in my 45-90 with excellent result. Just one less variable to deal with when loading my BPCR.
 
Thanks for all the responses and PMs, they are all appreciated.
I've used it for many years but didn't realize my supply was running low till too late.
 
Back
Top Bottom