While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I just acquired a 1889 trapdoor rifle from my late grandfather, looking to get more information and a value. Does anyone know of a person who is an expert in this field who might be able to help me?
Thank you
Been collecting and studying about the trapdoor Springfield since the late 1970's.
All I need is a serial number and I can tell you essentially what the gun will look like and will check it against the serial number data I have access to.
Since there were primarily rifles built in 1889, there were also a few Cadet rifles assembled at that time as well...most of the rifles were of the ramrod bayonet variation. A barrel length measured from the breech block hinge pin to the muzzle will help as well.
Cheers