SR9 ammo

I assume you are talking about a Ruger SR9. If so it will be able to handle any off the shelf 9mm ammo you can buy. I would suggest jacketed ammo as that would keep the barrel a little cleaner(you would be hard pressed to find factory 9mm that is not jacketed anyway). Other than that you will find that some factory ammo is a little cleaner burning than others but really that will just affect how much time it takes to get the gun nice and clean because it will run dirty for the most part. For an economical 9mm option american eagle is not bad or if you want to use factory reloads BDX remanufactured ammo is good and inexpensive.

Hope that helps.
 
I've had great luck with wolf 9mm as well, 3000 rounds or so and only one round that was bad (casing was completely crushed on one side). Price is slightly cheaper on the BDX from some places, just a matter of finding a supplier you can get it from in person out there, shipping is expensive on ammo. Buy it by the case if you plan to do any amount of shooting at all.
 
I had a bad couple of boxes of Winchester - probably 1 in 20 rounds wouldn't fire the first time. Probably just the ammo though. Got a few thousand rounds through my SR9 and it eats everything I feed it with no problem - AE, remington, wolf, whatever is in stock at the time. The SR9 is a super reliable, easy to service and fun platform. Sad that it doesn't get as much play as glocks, M&Ps and others.
 
Back
Top Bottom