St John`s shooters

infideleggwelder

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
recently moved to St Johns from Ontario. Military move, they like to move us new and exciting places. looking for places to go shoot around the Avalon. i mostly shoot BP muzzleloaders but have a few cartridge rifles too. might check out the rod and gun club.
need to get the flintlock out soon, its been too long since i shot any of my guns.
look forward to hearing from you guys here on the rock.
 
Unless you have a hunting licence and the applicable caliber, no shooting your guns on crown land unless you go to wildlife and get a permit to " sight in" your guns at a pre determined pit. Join the rod and gun club it's bit crazy busy and is accessible all year round.
 
i`ve heard that about the Rod & Gun. being busy that is.
bro-in -law is a game warden(don`t know what you call them here)and has informed me of the permit requirement. he's also "always on duty". bit of a d*ck.
but yes, pit shooting is what i`d prefer. location of such pits is another thing, first time out in St John`s.
 
Pm me if you want particulars, I'd join rod and gun tho. It's really the busiest summer and fall, if you don't mind shooting in the snow winter is slow out there.
 
Welcome to the avalon! Good time of year, buy your $3 coyote license, good till the summer, shoot .22lr .223 or 22.250 anywhere you want
 
Unless you have a hunting licence and the applicable caliber, no shooting your guns on crown land unless you go to wildlife and get a permit to " sight in" your guns at a pre determined pit. Join the rod and gun club it's bit crazy busy and is accessible all year round.

I know this' a bit derailing.... but that is totally f*cked. I keep a range membership, but I almost never use the range unless I'm looking to set up under cover for controlled load testing.

I guess that's me being spoiled with my options though.... I wonder if a petition would change the rules on that? It's clearly a provincial thing.
 
it'd be nice. 600 yds and it's only 15 min from my son's house but no, its just for cf members, so you're good

but only with the C7 or other issued rifles. unless there is a "fun day" but have not seen that since 1992 in Calgary at the Sarcee range.

Heard there is a gravel pit opposite side of hi way from Rod and Gun. anyone confirm this?
 
Back
Top Bottom