Standard Arm in 35 rem.....any info on this? value? lots of pics...thanks!

combines44

Member
Rating - 99.7%
354   1   2
Location
New Brunswick
Standard arm in 35rem. Overall is in fair condition. There is some blue lost. No crack in wood. It was revarnish. Beautiful engraved brass forearm and buttplate. Bore have some rust but alot of rifling. Not test fire. But all functional and no parts missing. Whats the value? From? Age? Anyone wanna buiy it? ha ha


, , , , , , , , ,
 
I have seen a couple of them for sale at local gunshows; I don't know if they ever sold and they certainly went for many shows without selling. It is not a gun that would excite me and I would put a price of around $200 - $300 for it, assuming you found a buyer that wanted one

cheers mooncoon
 
I had one for sale and it took several years to sell it, unusual gun but with little demand or interest in them. It sold for around $300.00 if I recall.
 
Not an antique and neither is it a blackpowder arm. This might get more hits under "Hunting". That said, I've had two opportunities to buy one in the past for 300 ish dollars and passed on them both. Just a matter of taste - it's a terribly garish gun in my eyes, and while scarce in numbers and unique, not likely to increase in value IMO.
 
Don't give them away, there seems to be a collector following. IIRC (I can't find the thread) there was some history there that interested folks.

For example:

h ttp://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/61/lid/325

quick google searching turns up a fair amount of interest including whole articles - always an indication there is interest. Where there is interest, there can be value.
 
Can't really go by U.S. auction prices. There was one on the EE a couple years back for $500. Seems to me it sat a looong time. A fairly rare gun but not a lot of interest.
 
Back
Top Bottom