Stanton & Co?

Dillinger022

CGN Regular
EE REVOKED
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Location
Aylmer, QC
Does anybody have any information on a company called 'Stanton & Co.' as I have an antique .455 break-action revolver marked:
JOINT PATENTS
STANTON & CO
It also has the standard Belgian proofmarks, which made me think it was just another Belgian copy until I saw the above stamp. I'm thinking it's just a retailer as it makes no sense that a British maker would send its guns to be proofed in Belgium. In any case, it'll be up for sale in the EE forums shortly.
 
IIRC Stanton bought some parts from Webley and finished them himself? I'm sure some of the other guys can tell you more though.... There have been several Stantons for sale on the EE in the past..
 
Does anybody have any information on a company called 'Stanton & Co.' as I have an antique .455 break-action revolver marked:
JOINT PATENTS
STANTON & CO
It also has the standard Belgian proofmarks, which made me think it was just another Belgian copy until I saw the above stamp. I'm thinking it's just a retailer as it makes no sense that a British maker would send its guns to be proofed in Belgium. In any case, it'll be up for sale in the EE forums shortly.

100 % Belgian
 
Back
Top Bottom