Hey guys
I am laying at reloading for a Starr rim fire carbine
Having examined an original cartridge , it was loaded with approx. 47 gr of coarse BP. Original bullet was .approx. .515 and 380 gr
I am using the Dixie Gun Works reloadable brass which are notably shorter than the original case I have.
They also need to be sized/necked slightly using 56-50 Lyman dies.
I am using a Lyman cast bullet for the Spencer which throws at approx .515 and 350gr
Due to the short cases from DGW, I have loaded up a 30gr Goex 3F charge and a 25gr Goex 2F (seems the compression is better with the 3F)
Bullets were seated with press and are un-crimped
I have no idea as to pressures on these two loads but believe them to be milder than the original load.
I would appreciate any pointers on the 3F vs 2F load and pressure estimates.
Thanks
I am laying at reloading for a Starr rim fire carbine
Having examined an original cartridge , it was loaded with approx. 47 gr of coarse BP. Original bullet was .approx. .515 and 380 gr
I am using the Dixie Gun Works reloadable brass which are notably shorter than the original case I have.
They also need to be sized/necked slightly using 56-50 Lyman dies.
I am using a Lyman cast bullet for the Spencer which throws at approx .515 and 350gr
Due to the short cases from DGW, I have loaded up a 30gr Goex 3F charge and a 25gr Goex 2F (seems the compression is better with the 3F)
Bullets were seated with press and are un-crimped
I have no idea as to pressures on these two loads but believe them to be milder than the original load.
I would appreciate any pointers on the 3F vs 2F load and pressure estimates.
Thanks


















































