Starr DA question

I forgot that the starr wasn't a true DA in the sense that it can't be cocked by both cocking the hammer back to set the trigger. I was attempting to do this forgetting that it was never intended to be capable of it. Combining this with getting a starr that has had at least two gunsmiths work on it and I had a scenario where I wasn't sure what aspects of the gun were normal and what were modifications.
 
Ah :yingyang: - I just recently became interested in the Starr C&B (the Remington is still my all-time fave :redface: , though :D ) b/c it reminds me so much of ;) , well, the Webleys......:wave:

So it's effectively "double-action only", like the pre-Adams Beaumont revolvers ?
 
Essentially yes. The nice thing is that there is a very defined poin that you can set the trigger at, rather than most guns that have the sear release immediately after setting the hammer. On these you can #### with the trigger and then release, or continue, but there's little risk of accidentally firing if you don't intend to, even while cocking with the trigger. If you hold the trigger a little you can actually #### in true single action too if that's your thing :p
 
Essentially yes. The nice thing is that there is a very defined poin that you can set the trigger at, rather than most guns that have the sear release immediately after setting the hammer. On these you can #### with the trigger and then release, or continue, but there's little risk of accidentally firing if you don't intend to, even while cocking with the trigger. If you hold the trigger a little you can actually #### in true single action too if that's your thing :p

Do you find the hammer blocks your view of the front-sight ;) , though ?....:wave:
 
Actually not really - it never blocks the front sight like the colts at least. It's got quite an extreme curve in the hammer so it stays below the line of sight for probably 90% of the time. I quite like mine because it's an old conversion and has quite a neat method for converting the gun from percussion to centerfire. I'd never seen a conversion like it and it's given me some ideas for a way to make conversions that wouldn't require permanent alterations :)
 
Haha - yep, that's kindof what got me into them. They're pretty neat designs. Very robust and not overly complicated. No tiny fiddly parts or anything annoying like that.
 
Back
Top Bottom