I've researched here and elsewhere but am hoping for details in helping to find a suitable rifle. The P58 2 band and P61 Musketoon are my interests. I need a lighter rifle than the P53 and want the 5 groove quicker rifling. I'm hoping for a nice shooter that doesn't need to be strictly historically correct.
Folks like the Parker Hale model. I understand it is a faithful copy and has the progressive depth rifling to make it historically correct. One thread stated that the serial numbers after 18,000 were made in Italy with PH barrels, correct serial number range?
How do the Italian PH models compare with British model.
What other makers built Enfield reproductions? Pedersoli seems well liked but it appears other Italian made copies, opinions on these please? Again HC is not important but a good shooter is.
Bob
Edit, just found this will keep looking!
"I can't vouch for this, but notes from others who own Parker Hales, who purchased them new when they were still being manufactured, would support this:
Parker Hale serial numbers, manufacturing runs:
0000 to about 9000 -- made in Birmingham, England
About 9000 to 14000 -- Birmingham barrels, rest of rifle made in Italy
Over about 14000 -- Italian made, entirely"
Folks like the Parker Hale model. I understand it is a faithful copy and has the progressive depth rifling to make it historically correct. One thread stated that the serial numbers after 18,000 were made in Italy with PH barrels, correct serial number range?
How do the Italian PH models compare with British model.
What other makers built Enfield reproductions? Pedersoli seems well liked but it appears other Italian made copies, opinions on these please? Again HC is not important but a good shooter is.
Bob
Edit, just found this will keep looking!
"I can't vouch for this, but notes from others who own Parker Hales, who purchased them new when they were still being manufactured, would support this:
Parker Hale serial numbers, manufacturing runs:
0000 to about 9000 -- made in Birmingham, England
About 9000 to 14000 -- Birmingham barrels, rest of rifle made in Italy
Over about 14000 -- Italian made, entirely"
Last edited:


















































