status letters 3weeks and counting

Gary D

Regular
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Location
Gagetown NB
So it's been 3 weeks now since I applied to get letters of antique status for two Webleys I'm importing. The process they made me go through was to do the online registration with a FRT for antique. Now the techs take their sweet a$$ time approving them, and then will mail me my letters. (apparently one letter has been mailed although I applied for both at the same time & yes they both qualify). Once they have already issued me FRTs and acknowledged them as antiques, what the hold up is issuing letters is beyond me.
 
So it's been 3 weeks now since I applied to get letters of antique status for two Webleys I'm importing. The process they made me go through was to do the online registration with a FRT for antique. Now the techs take their sweet a$$ time approving them, and then will mail me my letters. (apparently one letter has been mailed although I applied for both at the same time & yes they both qualify). Once they have already issued me FRTs and acknowledged them as antiques, what the hold up is issuing letters is beyond me.

It cuts into their time job hunting. :D

Same question as above. Why register them in the first place?

Print out the letter from the stickies, along with your supporting documentation, and good to go.

edit: Letter from the stickies, as mentioned above, is NOT stickied. Meant this letter http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689844&highlight=antique+letter

Cheers
Trev
 
Last edited:
Actually I will be quite displeased if it comes back as a registration, as this is the process I have been forced to go through to get the RCMP antique letters. The reasons are twofold, firstly it does make them more salable up here I find, and more importantly it should make things go more smoothly at customs as I am importing them from the US. Additionally I do intend on taking one to some American shoots, and I can't trust the boarder guards to know the difference between what is antique and what is not.
 
Actually I will be quite displeased if it comes back as a registration, as this is the process I have been forced to go through to get the RCMP antique letters. The reasons are twofold, firstly it does make them more salable up here I find, and more importantly it should make things go more smoothly at customs as I am importing them from the US. Additionally I do intend on taking one to some American shoots, and I can't trust the boarder guards to know the difference between what is antique and what is not.

I made my own "Antique Declaration" document and have never had a problem, in fact it's quite often FASTER through customs than the antiques shipped with the RCMP antique letter.
 
Live and learn I suppose. Got a hold of a very helpful individual this morning and she seemed surprised at the duration, apparently the person who was supposed to take care of it was away sick for a week and a half. She took it on and emailed me the letters immediately. They are indeed proper antique status letters, not at all related to registration.
 
They are not registered, but the information for that antique (make, model, calibre, etc.) is now contained in your file and will remain there forever. The reason they want you to do the online registration exercise is to identify you by your PAL # and enter it on your file. Request a copy of your info and you will see every antique you ever got a letter for is included in your data.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom