Hey All,
I've done some considerable searching on the matter now and can't find mention of any rimfire ammo that use steel casings instead of brass.
I understand the benefit of using brass for centerfire ammo, where you'll be reloading - but it seems like a no-brainer to use steel for rimfire ammo that will never be reloaded, for so many reasons ($$, cleanup, recyclability, etc).
Does anyone have any insight into this topic, I'm curious if there is some obvious factor that I'm clearly overlooking?
Thanks for your input,
bcode
I've done some considerable searching on the matter now and can't find mention of any rimfire ammo that use steel casings instead of brass.
I understand the benefit of using brass for centerfire ammo, where you'll be reloading - but it seems like a no-brainer to use steel for rimfire ammo that will never be reloaded, for so many reasons ($$, cleanup, recyclability, etc).
Does anyone have any insight into this topic, I'm curious if there is some obvious factor that I'm clearly overlooking?
Thanks for your input,
bcode


















































