steel shot ???

connors.1982

Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
iqaluit
I have a remington 870 tactical and i bought 12 gauge 1550 fps velocity 2 shot steel but some one told me steel is bad for my gun but thats all i can get is he right ?????
 
I'm not sure when you're gun was made but even some older fixed full choke 870 barrels are listed as fine to shoot steel shot smaller the #1's through, so I imagine it should be fine.
When in doubt call the gun manufacturer.
 
Your barrel will be fine, the shot travels through the barrel in a plastic cup so there is no contact between the barrel and the shot. All the new shotguns can be safely used with steel shot.
 
The only issue would be with the older Full Rem-Choke.
The newer ones have "Lead or Steel" marked on them.

An 870 Tactical should be a fixed, cylinder. No issues.
 
Back
Top Bottom