Stevens .40

III KoDiaK III

New member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey there everyone... was wondering if anyone knows anything about the STEVENS Rifles. My GF's stepdad just got one in mint condition... been in his family since the late 1800's... he doesn't know anything about the rifles tho... anyone got any info on these?? This is what I know of it...

Stevens .40 Lever Action Break Block
Shoots slugs, shot, and bullets

Once I can get a pic of it I'll post it. Any info anyone can provide would be great.
 
Stevens made dozens of different designs. Mostly single shot guns.

DAGS for Stevens model 44, and Stevens Maynard Rifle. Those are two designs I can think of that may fit the description you give.

Worth more as a collectors piece than as a shooter.

Got a public library close? See if the Library system holds a copy of Frank DeHaas' book, "Single Shot Rifles and Actions. Lots of info on the Stevens there. A fellow named Grant has some books on Boy's rifles that cover a lot of the Stevens models as well.

Pictures?

Cheers
Trev
 
Just a wild guess based on the info posted, a model 101 shotgun. This was a smoothbore version of the Marksman chambered for .44 shot cartridges (44 Shot, 44 X.L., 44 Gamegetter, 44-40 Shot). It was an underlever break action,made somewhere around 1915-1920, and should be stamped "44 SHOT" on the top of the barrel.
 
Back
Top Bottom