Stevens Model 425

Doc.Holliday

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Mexico
I would like to hear if there are any Stevens model 425 lever rifle owners in Canada and in what cal.
There was apparently Model 430 and 435 deluxe models cataloged as well but no confirmed finds.

Doc
 
425 Stevens

Yes I have seen a number of these models in Canada, most folks don't recognise them for what they are?
I would like to own one, just to see what they are like, 'cept every time I see one for sale, it's priced out of sight, eg, I've been looking at one of the deluxe versions, at a small gun show north of here, for some fours years now, first time I saw it it was priced at $475. next year was $1600, the year after $5500, all with the same vendor, last time $900, still to much, but he's goin' the right way now, if I live long enough I might get it!!
Iv'e seen three or four of them, every one Iv'e seen has been in 35 Rem, although I understand they were made in other calibers?
A friend of mine in northern Florida has one, with a very short barrel, he tells me evreything he points at and pulls the trigger, go's down with one shot, from big hog's to armadillo's, regards Bully
 
Thanks Bully,
I picked up a 425 in 35 about 30 years ago. It was and is in real nice condition. I shot me a real nice muley shortly after I got it.
I have seen a few 425's in south USA, never a deluxe model and mostly in 35.
I and some pards have located about 61 rifles, all 425's. We got a feelin that the numbers that Stevens says were produced are wrong and lost in time.
I can see this rifle increasing in value. Down here the value for a good 425 is about $800. If there was a 435 in excellent condition I'd hate to speculate the value.
Far as I know there was only one barrel length available.
Hope you get that one you been seein specially if she's a 430 or 435.
Keep me posted
Doc.
 
I've got three of the 425's now.

One in 25 Rem and the other two in 35 Rem.

They only came in 4 calibers and all were in Rem cals. The 25, 30, 32 and 35 Remington calibers.
 
Your 25 cal 425 is quite the collector item.Hopefully she's in good or better original condition. Congrats on that one. 35 rem is by far and away the most common.
We are beginning to think there was less than 5000 made and as the few that survive are discovered the value will rise drastically.
I seen a 425 last week that the stock had been re-varnished and the owner wanted $1100. Too bad these folks can't let em age gracefully and keep their value. Metal was good to.
I fire mine occasionally but with parts virtually non existent It always gives me the shudders should something fail.

Doc
 
Not to our knowledge MadDog.
We are suspecting that there were probably only 2000 made.
All Stevens records from that era have long since disappeared apparently by fire.
The number some are suggesting is probably an aggregate of other models.
Too bad that the rifles cannot be dated or totals confirmed but you can rest assured the majority would be in the U.S and they are NOT here, leading us to the low manufacture count.
Winchester, Marlin, Savage etc were spitting out levers at this time leaving little room for newcomers.
I would wager that these will become one of the more wiser investment firearms.

Doc.
 
Thank-you JP.
I am only over the 100 count between 2 countries.
35 rem and 30 rem the most popular calibers to date
 
Here's the 425 in 25 Rem.

Looking for a buttplate for one of the 35 Rem's if anyone knows where one can be found.

Stevens42525.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom