stock for SxS antique

tyrone1

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good evening everyone , hope you can help me, I aquired a 1870ish Isaac Hollis & Sons SxS 577/450 on one side and a 12 gauge on the other (family heirloom) and the butt stock is badly broken (non repairable).I am looking for a replacement. I hate to change it but it looks like crap. It will never be shooter just want it to look nice. Any help would be great.
 
I think you are looking at making one from scratch. Your only other choice is to find someone with a pantographic copier and have them copy the existing stock. To do that you will have to build up the broken and or missing parts with plaster or glued on wood or anything else convenient and shape them to an exact copy of the original or a larger version which you then shape to fit the metal parts

cheers mooncoon
 
I was hoping for some good news lol I was looking at that as a last hope, but I guess I found a new hobby. Thanks for the reply
 
Back
Top Bottom