storing ammo in the magazine...

ADHDCanuck

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am not a frequent shooter... and i keep my mags in the same (locked) box as my (locked) rifle...

does it do the ammo or the magazines any harm to store them with a full load? 5 rounds per mag.. the spring would be compressed... i just wasnt sure.

by storage i mean in a temperature controlled dry environment in a tactical foam lined rifle box...for weeks (possibly months sometimes) at a time in between uses

my instinct says its a bad practice for the magazine... but if it does no harm,..
 
I always take the ammo out of the mag and store the ammo in the box/container
the ammo came from.
Keeps my reloads organized.
Not sure what it does to the spring over time.
 
It shouldn't hurt good mags. There are reports of magazines that were left full for almost a century and cycled perfectly.

When you bring your gun home, I guess you leave the case open until everything dries-up.
 
Back
Top Bottom