Storing an inline for the winter.

Cletus

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Southern Ontario
Well all brand new to the muzzleloading end of things, I was wondering when storing for long periods of time, should you take out the breech plug or can you just leave it in? Not sure if you leave it out, with oil on the plug, will the rubber seal on it expand or not! Thanx guys!!
 
I take mine out and since it is stainless steel it stays in my kit with only a light lube of lanolin based storage oil. Same stuff I use in the bore of my MZ between seasons. Not sure about the rubber seal though, mine does not have that feature.
 
Anti-seize on the plug threads...a coating of "Bore Butter" everywhere else (inside & out).

Rubber seal....?

I used to use the bore butter too, for years. Recently however I have found that it is not a good protector for rust as our summer was very rainy and humid. That is when I did some research and started using the lanolin based preservative.
 
Back
Top Bottom