Substitute cases for use in the 1892 Lebel

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
So I've noticed mention of just trimming 7.62 nagant revolver cases to make ammo for the 8mm French round, is this true? Just trim and no major resizing is required?
 
I use trimmed 32-20 Starline brass in mine but I believe some pistols may need the rims thinned.

I find the chamber is quite large relative to my Hornady dies so only size the top 0.3" or so.
 
Actually just bought a box of loads for it.. couple mins ago expensive but saves me the hassle of trimming and sizing. I'll just reload.
 
Yeah rusty wood trading co has reloads available for the "8mm lebel". You can use trimmed and sized 32-20 starline brass to make your own. I have two 1892's one works well with starline 32-20 brass and the other is a tighter fit, but it still works well though some rims can drag if there a little out of spec. Hornady makes dies. The french 1892 is my favorite full size antique revolver.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom