Hi
I just bought a pedersoli Springfield 1861 repo. I chose the 1861 because I love the civil war era, and the Springfield 1861 was one or the most used rifle during the war. From what i can read you cant go wrong with either a Springfield or the Enfield. If you read about the minié ball its really amazing! it sure was a turning point in the history of infantry warfare!
i can only talk about the 1861, its huge! heavy! and beautiful

and i just cant wait to try it!
Im still not sure if musket cap are easily available, so im planning to stock pile a little bit just in case.
At the end of the day for me my decision was entirely based on the fact that i love history and reading about the past...so i tough might as well learn by using the same tool