Surplus 7.62 NATO Ammo

SUB MOA

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have some surplus 7.62 NATO Ball ammo that I may part with, about 2-300 rounds. What is it worth these days?
 
Used to be 50cents a pop a few years ago but now it's closer to a buck...

You should find a local buyer around 75 cents depending where you live, and at 50 cents it won't last long.
 
I'm looking at getting in some to sell. I am planning on selling it for approx $.70 cents per round. It will be Sellior & Bellot, brass cased, berdan primed, corrosive primer.
Last bunch I sold went for $.75 cents per round.
Regards, Henry
 
Yeah, it really depends on what you are sitting on.

Hertenberger or other similar excellent quality ammunition that is boxer primed, good quality brass is worth more than stuff that is corrosive or has Berdan primers. Quality will be in higher demand and obstensibly cost more.

If I had decent stuff I was inclinded to sell, I wouldn't let it go for less than $.85 a round.
 
You can load your own with premium bullets for less than $0.85/round! But you're right - the price for surplus is getting nuts. Reloading boys.. it's the way of the future!!!

I bought 1120 rounds of SA 7.62 two years ago on here for $450 shipped to my door! I should have dumped all my RRSP's into ammo... haha
 
canucklehead, I agree, you can reload it for less than 70 cents a round, "if you already have the brass". A 100 count bag of new, unprimed brass, sells for $65+. then there is he cost of primers and bullets, add another 35 cents. The S&B stuff, carried by tradex as in the header banners, at $1/round shipped, if you buy 400 rounds is a great price.
At that price, surplus, corrosive/berdan primed cartridges, is not cheap shooting.

S&B brass, is good quality stuff. Especially in hard to find cartridges.

Guys, take a look at what the banner advertisers have to offer. Their prices, on a lot of stuff, is excellent. Even when you have to pay for shipping.

Serious reloaders, will fire form their cases to explicit rifles. Depending on how it's done, even without bullets, the price will run around 25 cents/round, on top of the cost of the brass. That doesn't include tax. The cartridges, from tradex and SFRC, as well as some of the others, are good deals and you get reloadable, Boxer primed, brass.
 
It was either shoot it all off or sell some to buy new 260 Rem Cases and neck down the 200 cases I already have. A step down die is a quarter the price of 200 rds of new brass.
I believe the ammo to be IVI FMJ 78.
 
Back
Top Bottom