Surplus 7.62x54?????

Lots of people are trying to bring some in, but when NRCAN doesn't do their best to block the import, the supply quickly dries up because of the 2 ongoing shooting wars in the middle east ...
 
Im sitting on about 1050 rounds of surplus right now and im looking at buying a nagant sniper soon to shoot it with, since I sold my 91/30 last month.
 
Im sitting on about 1050 rounds of surplus right now and im looking at buying a nagant sniper soon to shoot it with, since I sold my 91/30 last month.

I hear there no good, so you should just sell that ammo to me ;) lol
 
Lots of people are trying to bring some in, but when NRCAN doesn't do their best to block the import, the supply quickly dries up because of the 2 ongoing shooting wars in the middle east ...

The wars have nothing to do with it. It's a myth spread by ignorant gunshops and the internet.
 
The wars have nothing to do with it. It's a myth spread by ignorant gunshops and the internet.

Exactly. The supply dries up quick because there is a huge demand for it here, with tens of thousands of SVT's and Mosins to feed at the gun range. Its not like the taliban is buying out Marstar everytime they manage to get some in.
 
Shipping is not that expensive for dealers if they have a UPS account but I guess most want to keep it for their own customers for now. So many rifles around, that's the problem, I have lots but be prepared to reload as well.
 
I've got a bunch, and it's all mine, mine!
sterb195.gif
Sorry, gloat mode was stuck on.
 
I have "enough" for now. Actually I mostly shoot handloads in my Mosins but I have been running Czech surplus in my SVTs.

The VZ59 was a heartbreaker tho :(
 
"...looking at buying a Nagant sniper..." If and when you find one, don't bother with standard issue ammo. Be like using regular gas in a Ferrari. Go buy a Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 for regular ball.
"...Shipping is not that expensive for dealers if they have a UPS account..." Nonsense. Having a UPS account means nothing. Shipping rates are set by the carrier according to the weight and dimensions of the package. Ammo is heavy and not just any carrier can or will carry it either.
 
"...looking at buying a Nagant sniper..." If and when you find one, don't bother with standard issue ammo. Be like using regular gas in a Ferrari. Go buy a Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 for regular ball.
"...Shipping is not that expensive for dealers if they have a UPS account..." Nonsense. Having a UPS account means nothing. Shipping rates are set by the carrier according to the weight and dimensions of the package. Ammo is heavy and not just any carrier can or will carry it either.



You need a commercial UPS account in order to ship ammo. May I suggest that you check their web site to get proper info. I paid just over $30 for 1,500 rounds of 9mm from Ontario to BC and $35 for one 1,200 crate of ammo from Quebec to BC. 4 to 5 days transit.

What exactly is nonsense about that?


I have a Nagant sniper and I am using surplus. What do you say?



/
 
Back
Top Bottom