Surplus 8mm ID

canuck

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Got a quantity of milsurp 8mm ammo here and wonder if you can tell me about it?
Manufacturer, corrosive (I assume?) or not, etc.

There are three different types of rounds - the first

100_5363.jpg

100_5362.jpg


- second

100_5358.jpg

100_5361.jpg


- third

Got no pics, but they are FN/FNM headstamps with various dates around the late 60s - early 70s.
I am told they may be Belguim made / non-corrosive?

Thanks!
 
Not sure but:

first is Czech or maybe Yugo

Second

Pretty sure German

looks like it has a black tip, which I believe makes it armour piercing tracer

S*= brass case
7, 79 = lot number
38,37 = year of manufacturer
P,P154 = manufacturer, but don't know who

Third:

FN- Fabrique Nationale (Belgium)

FNM- Portugese


Don't take my word on this, i am going from memroy and some guess work.
 
Not sure but:

first is Czech or maybe Yugo

Second

Pretty sure German

looks like it has a black tip, which I believe makes it armour piercing tracer

S*= brass case
7, 79 = lot number
38,37 = year of manufacturer
P,P154 = manufacturer, but don't know who

Third:

FN- Fabrique Nationale (Belgium)

FNM- Portugese


Don't take my word on this, i am going from memroy and some guess work.

Thanks, do you happen to know if any of it would be non-corrosive?
I want to use it in my Egyptian FN, but I'm a lazy fugger and don't want to tear it down for cleaning immediately after shooting.
 
The bxn Czech is definitely corrosive, as is the 1930s German.
I would assume the FN and FNM is as well.
Personally, I wouldn't use any of the older ammunition in a rifle like a FN 49.
 
Portugese will not be corrosive. I would shoot it in an FN49 no problem. The other stuff.... just USE BOILING WATER to flush out the barrel prior to usual cleaning.
 
Back
Top Bottom