Surplus Red Rifle Ammo

Further update: I was getting a little bug-eyed, so I decided to open all the baggies in my case and inspect all the remaining ammo. Here's what I found.
Mar10005.jpg

Mar10006.jpg

So.. out of 1200 round I ended up with 60 rounds (55 here and 5 I already took back) in various states of decay. I'll update you all after meeting with Lebaron's manager Jeff tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
Naa, I got this stuff from the Ottawa store. I would suspect it's all coming out of Montreal tho. IIWU I'd check them all. I'm going to put the good stuff in a nice sealed dry box. (can't wait for the wife's rolling eyes - I think that makes 12)
 
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is not good at all! Taliban have better ammo then that lol

I would demaned a refund
 
I would, but 95% of the stuff is OK, and I've already shot about 150 rounds, so I'll be happy if I can get replacement ammo for the rotton stuff and hopefully a little extra for the two hours of "quality control" I did.
 
Went through a bunch, about 50 or so packages, and fortunately found no bad ones at all...

I might go through the rest, but it seems that the crate I have is rust free, and all ammo just might be OK...

P1030726.jpg


P1030727.jpg


P1030732.jpg


P1030729.jpg
 
SFRC ammo I bought was loose 10rd bags with an english/french sticker on the outside. Doesn't look like they were ever opened. I have yet to open or shoot any of it, still working on the 2 crates of 73.
 
Even the tin doesn't guarantee no rust. I've had a couple cases with a few rusty cartridges and even one that had the bottom of the tin completely unsoldered.
 
Last update: Spoke to Lebarons ass. mgr. (not a typeo) and he grudgingly replaced the rotton 7.62x39 with good stuff. Not as smooth as I hoped, but it all worked out. Can't wait to get back to the range!
 
The last batch of 1990's production 7.62x39 seems to all be in those 10 round plastic sealed packages. I haven't seen any rusty ones in any of the ones that I've opened so far.
 
the case i have is the sealed tin. only problem is that the odd cartridge has some resin on it that prevents it from firing. I think mine is 68 production?
 
NOW I KNOW what they did with all that loose ammo we refused last year after inspecting it....

They offered repacking etc, we refused, the quality was not up to what we have supplied in Canada for the past several years....

The way we looked at it f there was rust, there must have been either water or high humidity, either way we wanted no part of it, even though it was really cheap....

ALL the 7.62x39 Czech ammo brought in during 2009 by our firm (over 16 million rds) was in sealed cases, challenging to open but certified by the respective governments for "being as good as the day it was made".

Sorry to hear some of the CGN folks got burned
John
 
Chrome-lined non-restricted?

We have to shoot all that ammo! :D

Which non-restricted rifle are chrome-lined?

I'm interested in XCR and CZ858 but both seems non-chromed.
Is there a rifle lighter than the SKS that is?
 
Back
Top Bottom