Surplus X39 crate with no can inside?????

gopher1

Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Sold a guy a crate of 762x39 tracer that still had the plastic wire/seal on , get a message back saying he had popped the seal and found that there was no metal can at all inside. All the ammo was there and seemed to be ok, no discoloration or stains on paper/cardboard. Is this a common , if not speculations please. Thanks Q
 
I also got a sealed crate with no tin, but it was Czech FMJ dated 1961. I shot it off first chance I had just in case there were problems but it all worked fine.
 
My recently purchased crates of Czech surplus dated 1993 had no tin inside, but were sealed in a thick plastic bag, like a vaccum seal. I think it is common in the later dated stuff.

Newmer
 
My recently purchased crates of Czech surplus dated 1993 had no tin inside, but were sealed in a thick plastic bag, like a vaccum seal. I think it is common in the later dated stuff.

Newmer

same here, seems to be the new way doing things...
 
Nah its all BS........Lever arms is doing the same thing, its an open crate. They buy it cheaper because of that and sell it cheaper, Mostly - I hope ?

Dont worry, shoot that cheap round, Nothing effects it.
 
Picked a crate from Lever last week, in the crate was 4 vacuum packs of 300, than each stripper clip of 10 is sealed in it's own bag as well.

It's still goes bang every time I pulled the trigger, so all is good.
 
Back
Top Bottom