Swedish M1867/89 Rolling Block

I bought the only miniture rifle Tradeex had-a rolling block in 22 short.They are based on a remington action,octagon barrel,nice walnut stock.I was going to rechamber it to 22 long but after shooting it decided to just leave it as it is-except maybe install a tang peep sight.Its plenty good enough for small game out to 30 or 40 yards.However, I haven't seen many of them.Their diminutive size makes them ideal for a youth.
 
I just got a 12.7 x 44 from Tradex and it is a carbine. 620mm [just over 24" barrel], short fore end wood, military type rear sight. Marked 'Husqvarna' on the left side of the barrel over the chamber. Appears to be original and not cut down. does anyone else have one? or know anything about them? history?
Thanks..........wTc
 
I picked an 8x58 from one of the earliest batch, with a bore described as excellent.
Very soon after it arrived I called up TradeEx to complain; I'd picked up the rifle specifically to rebuild as a larger-bore BP rifle (deciding between .38-55 & .50-90), only, between the pristine bore & the condition of the rest of it I just couldn't bring myself to alter it in any way! Okay, maybe 'complain' isn't the right word, exactly, but I did call them and I may have bought a few more... The tang sight looks like a good plan, might have to explore that.
TradeEx have been fantastic to deal with. I fully agree with the comment above about them under-rating the conditions of their firearms. I have bought rifles described as having VG-Ex condition bores that I had to look over with a borescope for any signs of wear. They are probably the one business that I have dealt with on so many deals where I've had so few-to-no problems, and consistently great service. Pardon me for sounding like the old fart that I am, but that's lacking from so many other businesses these days.
 
Back
Top Bottom