Swiss 10.4mm Peabody

The method of going from rimfire to centerfire is ingenious I thought. I think it offers a solution of how to make a spare centerfire block for a Spencer without the problem of drilling a long diagonal hole. I have a Peabody in a variation of the 44-60 Peabody caliber. I started with a Peabody with a sawed of and badly rusted 450-577 barrel. I think I used a surplus rolling block barrel chambered for something like a 43 Egyptian to rebarrel the gun then chambered it for a shell that mimics the 44-60 except based on a shortened 45-70 shell and uses a 45-70 base diameter (.500" ). The original bullet diameter was .445 and the donor barrel was slightly larger (.447 I think).

Anyway, Diopter, looks like you have a nice gun and a fun one to shoot. What did you make your ammunition from?

cheers mooncoon
 
Not my gun or Video.
They are English blokes living in Switzerland. :)

I did convert my Vetterli to center fire though.
Used 8X50R Lebel brass fire formed in Vetterli's 10.4x38R chamber, then trimmed the brass to 42mm length.
Use .44Cal 330gr .430" cast bullets.
 
Back
Top Bottom