I'm looking for some advice from the antique gurus regarding tuning up a 7.5 Swiss ordnance revolver.
The cylinder does not lock up as tight as I think it should when in battery. There is approx 0.015 rotational movement. I'm sure it will shoot fine but I'd like to have it a bit tighter. Is this little bit of movement normal with these pistols as the rest of it is built and runs like a swiss sewing machine.
It appears as though the pawl needs to be pressed laterally towards the loading gate, this makes the cylinder lock up tight. If I access to pawl when the revolver in battery, and slip a 0.015" feeler gauge in between the pawl and the outside frame, it produces the necessary force of the pawl against the ratchet and lockup is nice and tight.
I was planning on cutting a piece of feeler gauge to fit and silver solder it onto the side of the pawl, this would press the pawl towards the loading gate. Is this the correct approach or is there some other way of tuning this up that I'm missing?
The cylinder does not lock up as tight as I think it should when in battery. There is approx 0.015 rotational movement. I'm sure it will shoot fine but I'd like to have it a bit tighter. Is this little bit of movement normal with these pistols as the rest of it is built and runs like a swiss sewing machine.
It appears as though the pawl needs to be pressed laterally towards the loading gate, this makes the cylinder lock up tight. If I access to pawl when the revolver in battery, and slip a 0.015" feeler gauge in between the pawl and the outside frame, it produces the necessary force of the pawl against the ratchet and lockup is nice and tight.
I was planning on cutting a piece of feeler gauge to fit and silver solder it onto the side of the pawl, this would press the pawl towards the loading gate. Is this the correct approach or is there some other way of tuning this up that I'm missing?
Last edited:


















































