- Location
- Steel Town and The Peg
Oh my gosh... "Bush packing" an antique for animal defense? Here I'll end this argument right now. Get a 12 gauge. More killing power. These old revolvers are one of the worst tools I can imagine for bear defence... But hey I'm the kind of guy that uses a shovel to dig and a hammer to drive nails not vice versa.
If some of you guys can't see what I'm saying about old Elmer being a blow hard I have my doubts you've read his books... Let's see, 600 yard deer with a hand gun, shooting things out of the air, and my favourite "the .38spl is no good". The old .38 spl was the round of choice for many a police department for many a year. almost 100 and killed many a bad guy in that time.
Furthermore, I don't believe that carrying a loaded antique is legal (unless you're stopped and target shooting on Crown land--where allowed) and certainly no antique pistol will make an effective tool against a "few things around here that would like to sit on you and peel the flesh off your arms while you scream for help" as compared to many handy non-restricted firearms with much more stopping power. The whole idea is ludicrous, and quite frankly, is dangerous. It does make a clever sales ploy.
Furthermore, the act of carrying loaded antiques is something I am not comfortable discussing on an open Forum as it could lead to a future loss of the privilege of owning Antique pistols very much the same way we own, transport, and store non-restricted long guns.
All of us enjoy the privilege of antique ownership. Cowboy tactics could mean a future loss of this privilege.


















































