swiss match / Bristlen a Morges/ Waadtländer

cdnrokon

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Location
Manitoba
swiss match / Bristlen a Morges/ Waadtländer

what can you tell me about these rifles? does anyone own one and do they shoot it? Most have a 1/48 twist but one has a 1/18 twist .35 cal
 
I have an original rifle like the ones pictured by Pedersoli. Mine is 58 caliber I think and while I have shot it once or twice, I think I need to play around with powder charges to find an accurate load. The originals were used as sniping rifles by special Swiss troop prior to the unification of the Swiss states (1848) and the introduction of a unified army and rifle (1851)

cheers mooncoon
 
I just picked up a Vollmer copy of a swiss 1851 rifle from the exchange forum.It s a beautiful rifle very well made and high quality and shots a special 41cal minie type bullet.From what I can tell of the three guns you mentioned only one the Bristlen is set up to shoot a bullet exclusively the others using the 1;48 comprimse twist.The Bristlen is also available in 44.From what I remember these guns are very pricey and are a bit hard to get as the production of them is not high.

image.jpg2_zpssgvvxsfv.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom