Swiss

I got some from Hillfolk Musket Supplies, Senlac, Saskatchewan, right on the Alberta border south of LLoydminster. Not sure how bad shipping would be to B.C.
 
How far are you from the US border? I buy mine in the USA from a store there. It is much cheaper than what is asked for it here and it is "NEVR" available here, in my area at least. Canadian regulations allow you to bring up to 9 Kg's in 1 pound cans at a time. There are no export restrictions on the US side. It is great powder. I use it in my Pedersoli Gibbs muzzle loading target rifle. Good luck, Dave
 
you have to factor in that it costs roughly $100 return to go over to the mainland, not counting time and travel costs from Vancouver to the US

cheers mooncoon
 
Mooncoon, I think something creative would work..... a number of guys pooling funds to make the trip. I did not believe there would be much difference in the Swiss over Goex but was mistaken. Stronger, more consistent and cleaner. Good luck, David
 
Cdn regs, unless changed very recently, permit us to bring back up to 7 kg of black powder in containers not exceeding 0.5 kg. That translates to 15.4 lb - 15 lb in 1 lb containers, not 9 kg. USA export restrictions limit exports to 50 lb of black powder as long as it is to be used for sporting rifles... blah blah blah.
 
Ol' Flinter ..... you sound like you are disenchanted with the "system"? Just be happy we have a system....I am always happy to make the short trip to get my Swiss and other bargains, which pay for the trip. Storage and shipping regulations here have almost stopped the sale of BP. I may have been out by a Kg. but I will check before I go the next time. Smile.....it's contageous. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom