Switzer's Auction on Saturday

DANCESWITHEMPTIES

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Couldn't get there this time, but who made it?

Had a bid on the "Dances" 36 cal revolver. But since I wasn't able to eye ball it in person, I past as it got bid up. Sure did look like a reworked 1851 Colt to me. But if I could of purchased for under a K I would have rolled the dice... Did someone here get it? Who saw it? What was your take on it?

Seem like some real nice stuff there?...

Thoughts?...
 
I inspected it prior to the auction. I could not detect any sign that cheeks had been removed from the receiver. The revolver was definitely a composite. Original Dance frame? I don't know.
 
Did anyone who went to Switzer's get a hands on look of the Winchester 1886 deluxe 50 Express? Sold to someone on the floor. I checked out the photos, but was a bit hesitant on the case colours, wondering if maybe it had been re-cased. Wood fog looked bit off in one of the photos too, but sometimes that is just the photos. Anyway, wondering if anyone had a chance to handle the gun and what were their observations. I could not make the auction, family responsibilities.
Matt
 
Went high! US buyer, working through the Proxibid agent system. Actual buyer was not in the hall.
 
I inspected it prior to the auction. I could not detect any sign that cheeks had been removed from the receiver. The revolver was definitely a composite. Original Dance frame? I don't know.

From the pics it appeared brighter where a recoil shield may have been milled off? Was really interested in that piece! Thanks for the reply on it! Went for the Navy instead. The police model looked to be in Excellent condition? Possibly restored?...
 
Went high! US buyer, working through the Proxibid agent system. Actual buyer was not in the hall.

Thanks. Yes, $21000 plus the juice. I was wondering if it went South. Too bad. I saw online it sold to the floor, so I assumed that meant someone physically there and not on the Internet.
Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom