SXS .410s

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
What's your thoughts on these things? Top is a J Reynolds, bottom a Neumann Bros. Both are 2 1/2 inch .410s. Both have good bores, and both a little shakey in the hinge. Still usable.
I haven't seen any for sale in a long time. Wondering on a value, but almost too cute to part with. Thanks..

002.jpg
 
I think locally they would go for less. I bought a belgian one for $75 and I think that british ones that are a little loose would run $150 - $200 if you saw one. I think what would keep the price down is that 410s are of limited use. I also wonder just how early the 410 shotguns came along. The few that I have seen I think were made no earlier than the late 1800s.

cheers mooncoon
 
I have a Rossi Coach Gun in .410 that I bought from S.I.R. in the 80s. Good little partridge gun and a lot of fun to shoot. Great for a starter shotgun for a young person.
 
I think locally they would go for less. I bought a belgian one for $75 and I think that british ones that are a little loose would run $150 - $200 if you saw one. I think what would keep the price down is that 410s are of limited use. I also wonder just how early the 410 shotguns came along. The few that I have seen I think were made no earlier than the late 1800s.

cheers mooncoon


yep ite was .44 xl shot then .410 2" then 2 1/2" th last 2 being late in years

ive used a .410 for everything from the normal squirrels and rabbits to pest mice,rat's sparrows,starlings,pigeon with smaller shot like #9 or #12 (most of it was in barns and sheds)
 
I think if they are only worth a couple hundred, I would fix them up a bit, and shoot magpies with them. One in each hand = 4 shots. (and still nice to look at).
 
Back
Top Bottom