T/C Encore Hammer

icanuck

Regular
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Location
NCR
Hey all, question for the T/C Encore owners out there. I switched from the Omega to the Encore Pro Hunter 209x50, and one thing I really notice different about them is how heavy the hammer pull weight is on the Encore. It's wayyy harder than the Omega was. Is this normal? Is there a way to lighten it? I get sore hands from my work and find this a bit of a problem. Thanks.
 
The Pro Hunter with it's interchangable barrel system needs the heavier hammer spring to make up for the differences in headspace between different barrels so that you get reliable ignition with most barrels. Bellm TC's, ht tp://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=93 makes a great hammer extension that should help a little.
 
The Pro Hunter with it's interchangable barrel system needs the heavier hammer spring to make up for the differences in headspace between different barrels so that you get reliable ignition with most barrels. Bellm TC's, ht tp://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=93 makes a great hammer extension that should help a little.

Finally got around to ordering the hammer spur extension tonight from Bellm. When (perhaps if with the luck I've been having mail ordering things these days!) I'll put it on and report back.
 
I never noticed mine ever being "heavy". I guess it depends on the user. But maybe you want to check rubbing issues or something along those lines.
 
Make sure you set the hammer straight if you are using an extension. DO NOT use the tilt hammer feature, it can cause misfires and breakage.
Kim
 
Back
Top Bottom