T/C Triumph Opinions

I have owned one (Bone Collector model) for a number of years but used very little.....TC in-lines are very well made and accurate. I have had only one brief opportunity over the past few months to try the rifle with BH209 loose powder. We shall see what happens at 100 yards.



Epps has a few Triumphs in inventory - Black Synthetic/Blued models for $463. I noted the camo versions at SAIL.ca stores a while back. If memory serves, the price tag said $649
 
Last edited:
I have one, got it in 2008 when they were around $450. I have owned traditions muzzle loaders and none of them were anywhere near as good as the triumph IMO. It is easy to clean with the quarter turn breech plug, and easily scoped. The sights are nice too. Recoil isn't that bad even with 150gr powder and 300gr bullets. At first the opening mechanism was a little awkward to get used to since I was used to break opens automatically latching as soon as breech is closed, but now I like it. The rifle isn't very heavy either. I would recommend it to someone looking for a muzzle loader.
 
My nephew has hunted with one the last 3 years. First deer he shot was an 8 pointer at 125yds. Next one a little further. Damn those young eyes!! LOL. If you want a gun that will last a lifetime buy a Thompson. I know some old boys are shooting Thompson side locks they assembled from kits 35 years ago that are still looking and shooting good. Hint: 200 grn Shockwave in front of 100 grns loose Triple 7 will saw down anything you care to shoot with this gun
 
I bought the Bone collector version on EE. Easy and comfortable to shoot. Mine likes 100 gr of Blackhorn 209 and TC Shockwave 250 gr. Alot easier to clean and load than my Knights. You will enjoy it. I have a TC Pro Hunter for the money I'd go for the Triumph
 
Today, I had the opportunity to shoot the TC Triumph @100 yards. Found that the rifle performed best with 110gr of BH209 powder ......

 
Back
Top Bottom