TC Encore conversion to 50-95 Express

bross

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Location
Vancouver area
I've got spare 50-209 barrel for my TC Encore. I also have a surplus of brass for my 1876 Winchester in 50-95.

Thinking of boring out the TC barrel for cartridge. I' like your opinions please.
 
What are the actual internal measurements of the barrel?

I am assuming that the 50-95 cartridge uses a .510" bullet. If the barrel is .500" you would be better off with a 500 S&W.

Normally I would suggest a person fire a couple rounds of a cartridge like that before spending any money but you are familiar with the punishment it can dish out. Don't know enough about the platform to comment on the practical side of a conversion like this.
 
Thanks for your replies.
Chambering would require boring breach plug area forward; then making a sleeve with 50-95 chamber. As for pressure, I'd likely use the Lee modern minie at .500+/-; actually down sizing from the original Winchester diameter. Charge would be about the same, but with a lighter bullet than the 365 grain .514" I use in the lever gun. Not planning towards BPCRS, just trails and gongs.
 
Back
Top Bottom