I have almost finished tarting up a TC Hawken rifle to make it a bit more stylish. Basically tapered the barrel to reduce weight and modified the cheekpiece to a more pleasing shape (to me) and also thinned the wrist slightly for smaller hands. It does not show well in the photos but I went from octagon to 16 sided then wedding band then a taper of roughly 0.5 degrees which reduced the barrel to about .8" at the muzzle. I left the front sight base intact and turned a short section in front of the sight to round partly as a guide to milling and filing the sides and bottom of the sight area to match the taper of the barrel. The tapering makes the barrel markedly lighter. I took about 3/8" off the top of the wrist area, just in front of the comb which makes the wrist a lot more comfortable for women and people with small hands. finally dished the cheek piece a bit and put a molding around it for decoration as well as made a thinner front edge of the comb where it joins the wrist area. The woodwork took about an hour or so and the barrel tapering etc at a guess around 5 hours
cheers mooncoon




cheers mooncoon






















































