Boolitcaster
CGN Regular
- Location
- Vancouver Island
I have been playing around the last few weeks, trying to make paper cartridges for a Westly Richards Monkey Tail. Nitrating various papers left less than optimal results and I have finally moved onto recycling used tea bags.
They work really well, but are very fragile necessitating storage and handling in a protective wrapper. Sorry for my bad photography.
A thread is tied in one of the grease grooves to prevent powder migrating past the bullet and also to secure the bullet. I install a lubed oversize wad after loading the cartridge to minimize the possibility of the powder being contaminated by the lube.
[/URL][/IMG]
Craft time in this household is every day.
They work really well, but are very fragile necessitating storage and handling in a protective wrapper. Sorry for my bad photography.
A thread is tied in one of the grease grooves to prevent powder migrating past the bullet and also to secure the bullet. I install a lubed oversize wad after loading the cartridge to minimize the possibility of the powder being contaminated by the lube.
Craft time in this household is every day.


















































