Tennessee Long Rifle

savage112

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Just a few pics of a recent purchase from Track of the Wolf. This is a .45 flintlock longrifle. It has a 42" Green Mountain barrel, small Siler flintlock, and at 7.5 lbs. it is a real pleasure to carry.It came up on Track's website one day and I bought it with out hesitation.The best part of it was, that it showed up at my door in less that two weeks.:)

DSC00363.jpg


DSC00361.jpg


DSC00359.jpg


DSC00357.jpg
 
Ooooooooo...........a very very nice flinter Savage!

I dislike seeing pretty rifles like this, when I have to curtain spending until taxes are paid!

Edit: I love those curly maple lines buddy.
I don't care what you call them, Tennessee rifle, Kentuky rifle, Pennsylvania rifle.....they all look really good when they are well put together like yours.
 
Last edited:
Lovely rifle gun. When you see these beauties, in the woods where they belong, really makes you wonder what the plastic and titanium boys see in their stuff. Congratulations.
 
It will be hell on squirrels but will do OK on any big raccoons you find sunning themselves in the fall. and will, according to my own personal experience, handle an Ontario Buck, without too much trouble.

huckleberry
 
Gorgeous!

Just a few pics of a recent purchase from Track of the Wolf. This is a .45 flintlock longrifle. It has a 42" Green Mountain barrel, small Siler flintlock, and at 7.5 lbs. it is a real pleasure to carry.It came up on Track's website one day and I bought it with out hesitation.The best part of it was, that it showed up at my door in less that two weeks.:)

DSC00363.jpg


DSC00361.jpg


DSC00359.jpg


DSC00357.jpg
 
They are lovely. Only issue- having cleaned long ones like that with the barrel pinned into the stock...cleaning them is a bit harder, especially keeping the filth out of the stock and off the wood.

That's one really great thing about hooked breech removable barrel guns like Lyman Great Plains etc.

Someone should make the Tennessee long rifle type guns with wedges and hooked breeches IMHO, for those who are going to actually use them. The tradeoff in looks might be worth it. Having the barrel in your hands at the laundry sink with no wood to worry about is very nice.
 
They are lovely. Only issue- having cleaned long ones like that with the barrel pinned into the stock...cleaning them is a bit harder, especially keeping the filth out of the stock and off the wood.

I was a little worried about cleaning the rifle at first, but it's actually not to bad to clean. It just takes a really long rod and the proper size flannel patches. I use hot water and dish soap and it cleans up with about 8 patches.I really like the pinned barrel.It is far more traditional than the wedges and hooked breech.I dryballed it about the second time I used it. That ball puller was sure money well spent:).
 
These guns are so nice to look at and even more fun to shoot.
All the fuss about cleaning them is more a frame of mind then anything else.
A few minutes with hot water. Maybe a little bit of soap to do an extra good job and
the job is over before you know it. Here is a photo of a 32 cal and a 40 cal and a few big squirrels. OK maybe not squirrels but we were squirrel hunting when we got them. They were skinned out and given to a trapper.

coonX4.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom